Vector Launches K-12 Environmental Health and Safety Incident Management System
Vector Solutions, a provider of training and software solutions, recently announced the launch of an incident management system for K-12 schools designed to help districts track incidents, hazards and trends. health and safety. According to a press release, Vector EHS Management provides features such as recording and managing security incidents, identifying trends, complying with regulations and managing time. Districts can use the software to report and track incidents, injuries, hazards, and health-related situations (including COVID-19 outbreaks) in real time.
âA busy school district can have a large number of incidents each year, such as injuries, property damage or property or school bus crashes. Documenting and managing these incidents can be time consuming, âsaid Marc Scheipe, CEO of Vector Solutions. “Vector-based EHS management simplifies incident management by making it easier and faster to report and track these incidents from investigation to resolution, and by using the data to identify overall issues and trends to improve safety. It is important that schools and districts create a culture of safety for employees and students, and Vector EHS Management is helping them to do so.
According to a press release, Vector EHS Management offers the following features:
- Web forms and a mobile app for easy access to incident reports (both for viewing and adding), as well as for conducting and recording safety inspections.
- The ability to automatically generate reports: The system can automatically populate incident data on multiple forms, saving users time in potentially critical situations.
- Dashboards and analytics to help formally track and manage incidents in the district and identify more important trends. Data, tables and graphs help visualize information.
- A predefined and configurable risk matrix to help schools and districts perform risk assessments based on their particular circumstances.
- Email alert systems notify users of unsafe conditions on campus and supervisors of situations such as upcoming or overdue safety inspections.
- Tools to generate, categorize and manage claims including âfirst injury reportâ, workers compensation, property damage, vehicle damage and more. The system also tracks employee leave related to incidents.
- Tools for planning, monitoring and implementing corrective procedures. Once a hazard has been documented, the system can help schools create a corrective action plan and track the progress of those plans.
Matt Jones is the editor of Spaces4Learning. He can be contacted at [emailÂ protected].